mardi 17 janvier 2023

THE SONG OF WANDERING AENGUS

 I went out to the hazel wood,

Because a fire was in my head,

And cut and peeled a hazel wand, 

And hooked a berry to a thread;

And when white moths were on the wing,

And moth-like stars were flickering out,

I dropped the berry in a stream

And caught a little silver trout.


When I had laid it on the floor

I went to blow the fire aflame,

But something rustled on the floor,

And some one called me by my name:

It had become a glimmering girl

With apple blossom in her hair

Who called me by my name and ran

And faded through the brightening air.


Though I am old with wandering

Through hollow lands and hilly lands,

I will find out where she has gone,

And kiss her lips and take her hands;

And walk among long dappled grass,

And pluck till time and times are done

 

W.B. YEATS, The Collected Poems of W.B. YEATS, the Macmillan Company, New York, 1959.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Vos commentaires et/ou critiques seront les bienvenus dès lors qu'ils n'enfreindront pas les règles de la courtoisie ...

Le Ruisseau

    L ’ entendez-vous , l’entendez-vous   Le menu flot sur les cailloux ?   Il passe et court et glisse,  Et doucement dédie aux branches,...