samedi 2 novembre 2019

When I have Fears that I may cease to be

When I have fears that I may cease to be
Before my pen has glean'd my teeming brain,
Before  high-piled books, in charact'ry,
Hold like full garners the full-ripen'd grain ;
When I behold, upon the night's starr'd face,
Huge cloudy symbols of a high romance,
And feel that I may never live to trace
Their shadows, with the magic hand of chance ;
And when I feel, fair creature of an hour !
That I shall never look upon thee more,
Never have relish in the faery power
Of unreflecting love ; - then on the shore
     Of the wide world I stand alone, and think,
     Till Love and Fame to nothingness do sink.

John KEATS (1795-1821)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Vos commentaires et/ou critiques seront les bienvenus dès lors qu'ils n'enfreindront pas les règles de la courtoisie ...

Le Ruisseau

    L ’ entendez-vous , l’entendez-vous   Le menu flot sur les cailloux ?   Il passe et court et glisse,  Et doucement dédie aux branches,...